Getting ready to put your Charleston house house up for sale? Relocating and need to sell your Charleston house faster than average? Curb appeal and staging will help.
If you are putting your Charleston, SC house up for sale and you afraid it will take too long to sell, to get more potential buyers to want to look at your home, focus on two things, the 2 things that will help sell your Charleston house faster:
- Curb Appeal
The idea behind curb appeal is to exhibit the best first impression you can on the first site of the home. With attractive curb appeal, people that are driving down the street will be more willing to call that number on the for sale sign to make an appointment to view your house if it looks inviting from the outside.
Once you have the curb appeal, then “stage” your home, or in other words, creating an atmosphere inside the home that will make any potential buyer feel comfortable inside the house.
There are several factors that go into selling house, but here are 5 tips to follow when using curb appeal and staging to help sell your Charleston house faster.
1. Go stand on the street to see what clients see when driving up to the house. Be aware that any negative impressions they get outside the house (landscaping not maintained or non-existent, peeling paint, etc.) is just going to make them think that the house itself has not been well taken care of. So even if you have spent the time and money to fix up the interior, it would all be wasted if the clients get a bad first impression before they even walk into your house.
2. Next, step outside your front door and close the door; stand on your front porch and look around for 5 minutes. Think about your potential buyer standing there speaking with the Realtor®, what would they see? Dead plants, weeds, cobwebs, hornets nest hanging from the corner of the roof? That first impression is so very important!
3. Don’t forget the backyard. While that might not be part of the potential buyers’ first impression experience, you still should make sure it’s in the best condition possible. Pull up weeds, water plants, do some sweeping (if that’s applicable in your case) and maybe even purchase new furniture or accessories (plant pots, bird houses, etc.)
4. The kitchen. It is typically one of the first rooms in your house a buyer will look at. Have you updated your homes appliances or they old and tarnished? Have the kitchen as spotless as you can, have some apples in a basket on your kitchen table. Clean counters and cinnamon sticks. A clean, attractive kitchen can sometime sell a house all by itself.
5. And the biggest tip of all? Imagine yourself as a potential buyer looking at your property for the very first time. What impressions are you getting? Would YOU buy your house? What would you like to see changed before you put an offer on your house?
Don’t want to spend several thousand dollars on curb appeal, staging and upgrading appliances? Want to sell your Charleston house fast?
No matter the condition of your Charleston house, Charleston Property Solutions buys houses all over the Charleston area. We upgrade the home, invest our money and re-sell it. You walk away with a fast house sale and we take all the risks of selling it.
Call us today at (843) 478-7206 or complete our home selling questionnaire by clicking the button below and start the home selling process today!